- Weather News
Are we prepared?
Disasters prove more costly as people move into storm-prone areas.
- FEMA gives buyout final OK The federal and state buyout of flood-damaged homes in Essex County is nearing final resolution.
- Heavy, wet snow hits North Country Winter Storm Warning, advisories in effect until Thursday morning.
Malone flood buyouts discussed
Property-assessment information has been forwarded to state officials to get the process started that may allow some Lower Park Street residents to be offered cash to give up their properties along the Salmon River.
Response to Wilmington power outage criticized
NYSEG representatives say they released the best information they had about restoration during a recent blackout.
- Property owners urged to clear roofs Snow accumulation and ice buildup can lead to structural damage.
Skiers rejoice, plow drivers out in force as winter storm dumps lots of snow on the North Country.
Nemo finding way to North Country
Snow began falling early this morning; "Under the Sea" Winter Carnival organizers in Saranac Lake say bring it on.
- Winter Carnival leaders undaunted by coming snow The Village of Saranac Lake has made provisions for clearing snow with storm parking bans for and parade route detours.
Malone street flooded again
Malone highway workers are trying to return the Salmon River to its original path to spare Lower Park Street homes.
- More Weather News Headlines
- Are we prepared?