CHARLES L. DROWN, 92, of Hemmingford Road, Mooers, died Wednesday, March 6, 2013, at the CVPH Medical Center in Plattsburgh. He was born in Mooers March 17, 1920, the son of Leonard and Fanny (Covey) Drown. Arrangements are with the Rabideau Funeral Home, 5614 Route 11, Ellenburg.
- Police start criminal investigation into fatal accident No charges had been filed as of Wednesday.
- Wife testifies in manslaughter case In Essex County Court on Wednesday, Angela Rivers said her husband, Michael, told her to keep her mouth shut after he took part in the beating of Robert M. Rennie last August.
- Re-enactment to celebrate Champlain anniversary Town marks 225 years this year; event set for this weekend.
- Former Keene councilor still in jail DA's Office says embezzlement case still pending against Lawrence Jaques, who allegedly stole nearly $500,000 from employer.
- Road Construction Roundup: May 23, 2013 Here are ongoing and upcoming projects around the North Country.
- Of Interest: May 23, 2013 A brief look at news of note from around the North Country.
- Police Log: May 23, 2013 Small earthquake recorded in Hudson, Quebec; Brushton woman charged with criminal mischief, petit larceny; Plattsburgh man charged in connection with Workers' Compensation fraud; Plattsburgh man charged with criminal contempt, attempted assault; Malone man charged with assault; Five injured in two-car accident; Malone man injured in one-car accident
- Editorial: Encourage sportsmanship The death of a soccer referee earlier this month in Utah at the hands of an angry 17-year-old player -- who allegedly sucker-punched the official after receiving a yellow-card penalty -- reinforces the lack of sportsmanship that appears to be growing in competitive sports.
Letters to the Editor: May 23, 2013
Letters from readers around the North Country.
Speakout: May 23, 2013
What people around the North Country are talking about.
- More Thursday Headlines