Prospective students need career guidance
Our educational system must be accountable for steering young students in the right direction, according to columnist Colin Read.
NCCS upsets Peru in CVAC baseball
Lake Placid knocks off Northern Adirondack in CVAC baseball.
- Hoar outduels Hebert in ACT thriller at Airborne Andy Lindeman captures first career Modified victory in the 30-lap Ernie's Tools Modified feature at Airborne Speedway.
Ti's Hebert first in hurdles at Eddy Meet
Halie Snyder from EKMW, Melissa Whyman and Margaret Champagne of Seton Catholic place in girls' meet. Connor Christopherson, Ty Tedford, Sobaan Ayub and Dustin Durgan break school records for Saranac.
- Miners, Expos lead in CVBL through 2 weeks Brian Burns, coming off a no-hitter against the Expos, looks to lead the A's against the Miners today. Timberjaxx take on Cardinals, with Expos hosting Padres in CVBL action.
- Labatt Blue lone unbeaten in Adk Slo-Pitch Big Boys/Plattsburgh Wholesale Homes one game back in Adirondack Slo-Pitch League softball.
- Sports Shorts: May 19, 2013 A listing of sports briefs involving area athletes and events.
- Flashback: May 19, 2013 A lookback at some of the individuals making news in the North Country sports world over the past 7 decades.
- Area Sports: May 19, 2013 A schedule of sports events this weekend featuring area teams and venues.
- Kayak trip almost becomes ice-out adventure Our plan was to float and fish the Jessup River, which flows into the southern end of the lake, spend the night and fish our way out, Dan Ladd writes.
- More Sunday Headlines
- Prospective students need career guidance