COLLEEN IRVIN, of Lake Placid died with her family by her side on Wednesday, Nov. 28, 2012. Born in Palmerton, Pa., August 10, 1931. Calling hours will be held from 4 to 7 P.M. Wednesday, Dec. 5, at the M. B. Clark, Inc. Funeral Home in Lake Placid. A celebration of Colleens life will be held At the Dock in the Summer of 2013.
Economic development councils begin third round
The North Country will be competing for a share of $760 million in state funding and tax credits.
- Accused Booster Club embezzler pleads not guilty Deborah A. Perry's case adjourned until June 10.
- Flood victims face long process State Emergency Management officials meet with Lower Park Street residents in Malone to outline what grants are available, but it may take years to get any money.
Terms set for Tourism Committee members
The Franklin County panel were assigned their terms by legislators who will have final say in what initiatives are funded by tax dollars and any future bed-tax funds.
- Two compete for one Saranac Central Board seat School Board president unopposed. Daniel Ashline-Beaudet challenges long-time board member Lori Saunders.
- Two vie for one seat on AVCS board One incumbent and one challenger are on the ballot.
- Locals felt Friday morning earthquake The 5.2 temblor was centered near Shawville, Quebec.
- Malone woman critically injured in Friday crash Marlene LeRoy's vehicle struck a manure spreader head-on, police say.
- Of Interest: May 18, 2013 A brief look at news of note from around the North Country.
Police Log: May 18, 2013
Saranac Lake teen charged with attempted burglary; Plattsburgh man charged with criminal contempt; Plattsburgh woman charged with drug sale and possession; Plattsburgh woman charged in connection with alleged gun theft; Plattsburgh woman charged with forgery, petit larceny; Malone man charged with burglary; Peru man charged with grand larceny of a firearm; Peru woman charged with grand larceny; Peru man charged with assault; Dickinson Center man injured in one-car accident; Two injured in three-car accident
- More Saturday Headlines
- Economic development councils begin third round