Love them or hate them, dandelions here to stay
Jolene Wallace offers tips on controlling dandelions.
- Home Briefs: May 20, 2013 Take a look at brief home- and garden-related news of note around the North Country.
Cheers and Jeers: May 20, 2013
CHEERS to Jessica Buehler, who has made it her mission to pick up discarded cigarette butts during her walks in Elizabethtown, and CHEERS to U.S. Border Patrol personnel for participating in community events and fundraising.
Letters to the Editor: May 20, 2013
Letters from readers around the North Country.
- CVBL hill battle goes to Waldron Miners' ace gets best of A's Kirkpatrick in pitching duel.
Malone scores sweep in track
Huskies win boys, girls titles in VanDusen meet; Peru's Leta, Seton's Ryan take firsts.
- Sports shorts: May 20, 2013 A listing of sports results, activities and meetings in the North Country.
- Area sports: May 20, 2013 A schedule of events today involving area teams.
Tax levy up 4.69 percent at Chateaugay Central
District officials apply nearly $500,000 in reserve funds to counteract dramatic increases in retirement contributions for its teachers and other staff members.
School tax levy is expected to rise 3.5% in Beekmantown
The board-approved spending plan calls for $327,000 in staff reductions and carries a tax-levy increase of 3.5 percent. A hearing is Tuesday and public vote a week later.
- More Monday Headlines
- Love them or hate them, dandelions here to stay