Police Log: June 14, 2013
Saranac Lake woman arrested following alleged knife assault; Chazy man charged with assault; Manhattan man charged with introducing prison contraband; Plattsburgh teen pedestrian injured after being struck by car.
Church festival celebrates faith, family, community
St. Peter's Festival will be held on Sunday, June 30, on the grounds of Seton Academy.
- Faith Briefs: June 14, 2013 Take a brief look at faith-related news of note around the North Country.
- Editorial: Ways to reduce credit-card debt Americans are hip-deep in credit-card debt, and that makes digging out of national and international economic misery still more difficult.
Le Chef's field of dreams
There's an apocryphal story that Maurice Duplessis, who ruled Quebec for nearly 20 years (some say with an iron fist), was such an ardent baseball fan that on his dying day in September 1959, he was wondering if his Yankees had won the night before, writes Canadian columnist Peter Black.
Letters to the Editor: June 14, 2013
Letters from readers around the North Country.
- Cannons thump 'flat' Mariners Colchester defeated Clinton County 14-1 in American Legion baseball.
- Sports Shorts: June 14, 2013 A listing of sports briefs involving area athletes and events.
- Area Sports: June 14, 2013 A schedule of sports events this weekend featuring area teams and venues.
James "Jim" M. DeFayette
WEST SAND LAKE — James "Jim" M. DeFayette, 50, of West Sand Lake, N.Y., went home to be with The Lord on Wednesday morning, June 12, 2013, following a lengthy illness. Born, raised and educated in Plattsburgh, N.Y, he was the son of Jane Stone DeFayette of Plattsburgh, and the late George DeFayette. He was a graduate of St. John's Catholic School.
- More Friday Headlines
- Police Log: June 14, 2013