Fate of Lake Placid ER on hold for 60 days
Adirondack Health trustees decide to further research and study impact of emergency services conversion.
Lake Placid, North Elba oppose ER closure
Village, town leaders have asked Adirondack Health to study alternatives to shutting down the Adirondack Medical Center/Lake Placid Emergency Department.
Saranac native participates in Boston fundraiser
Amanda Durocher recently took part in a weekend fundraiser for the Avon Foundation that pulled in $4 million for breast-cancer support and research.
Health Notes: May 28, 2013
Take a look at brief health- and fitness-related news of note around the North Country.
- Peru gets $500,000 for water project The USDA Rural Development program will provide Peru with the non-matching funds to help complete the town's water-district upgrade.
- Local dad diagnosed with ALS David Pearce was diagnosed with Lou Gehrig's disease last month but finds strength in caring for this 3-year-old son, Michael.
- Wine-tasting event supports Relay for Life The Treasure Chests Breast Cancer Support Group will host the event at Hid-In-Pines Vineyards on Soper Street in Morrisonville. Proceeds will go toward the Treasure Chests Relay for Life team.
- Health Notes: May 21, 2013 Take a look at brief health- and fitness-related news of note around the North Country.
- Rare disease doesn't defeat Moriah native Johnathan Harrington, a private detective, has the genetic condition hereditary angioedema.
Vote set on AMC/Lake Placid closure
Keene public forum on the issue drew big crowd.
- More Health Headlines
- Fate of Lake Placid ER on hold for 60 days