- Locals touched by Chilean charisma Leo Carvajal-Olivares visited northern New York for the first time, leaving a lasting impact on the lives of many Plattsburgh residents.
ER at AMC Lake Placid may close
Adirondack Health is considering shuttering the Church Street hospital, establishing an urgent-care clinic and physical-therapy facilities at nearby Uihlein Living Center.
- Cumberland Head family dialing it in Father and two sons rip, shred and slice their way into bodybuilding.
- Purple Prom to benefit FitzPatrick Cancer Center April 26 event, to be held at West Side Ballroom in Plattsburgh, will offer folks a chance to enjoy a prom-like setting while raising funds for the Cancer Center.
- Health Notes: April 9, 2013 Take a look at brief health- and fitness-related news of note around the North Country.
Three peanuts a day keep the doctor away
A desensitization program has worked miracles on 6-year-old Nick Bilow's severe allergy to the legume.
Region's health roadmap points to problems
County-ranking results find smoking, drinking and overeating are higher than average in North Country.
- ECH Ethics Committee available to weigh in The lines are blurred on some patient cases, Elizabethtown Community Hospital officials say, and while the group does not make decisions, it can offer suggestions.
- Race to benefit Max Moore Treehouse The course for the May 11 contest will take runners and walkers past the spot on the Saranac River Trail where the universally accessible tree house will be built.
- ECH to expand Westport Health Clinic The facility will gain an addition that will house exam rooms, a lab, waiting area and other space, while the existing building will be renovated.
- More Health Headlines