Health Notes: April 16, 2013
Take a look at brief health- and fitness-related news of note around the North Country.
- Youngster facing surgery to correct spinal condition Rowan Roussy of Altona will undergo the complex procedure Friday, April 19, at Boston Children's Hospital to help prevent his brain from slipping into his spinal column.
- Locals touched by Chilean charisma Leo Carvajal-Olivares visited northern New York for the first time, leaving a lasting impact on the lives of many Plattsburgh residents.
ER at AMC Lake Placid may close
Adirondack Health is considering shuttering the Church Street hospital, establishing an urgent-care clinic and physical-therapy facilities at nearby Uihlein Living Center.
- Cumberland Head family dialing it in Father and two sons rip, shred and slice their way into bodybuilding.
- Purple Prom to benefit FitzPatrick Cancer Center April 26 event, to be held at West Side Ballroom in Plattsburgh, will offer folks a chance to enjoy a prom-like setting while raising funds for the Cancer Center.
- Health Notes: April 9, 2013 Take a look at brief health- and fitness-related news of note around the North Country.
Three peanuts a day keep the doctor away
A desensitization program has worked miracles on 6-year-old Nick Bilow's severe allergy to the legume.
Region's health roadmap points to problems
County-ranking results find smoking, drinking and overeating are higher than average in North Country.
- ECH Ethics Committee available to weigh in The lines are blurred on some patient cases, Elizabethtown Community Hospital officials say, and while the group does not make decisions, it can offer suggestions.
- More Health Headlines
- Health Notes: April 16, 2013