New voice for long-term care
Amy Gehrig is recruiting volunteers for the Long Term Care Ombudsman Program in Plattsburgh, which assigns advocates to residents in nursing homes, assisted-living facilities and adult homes in Clinton and Essex counties.
104-year-old shares advice, life's highlights
Beulah Lavarnway of Plattsburgh recalls life in Clinton County, the United States and abroad.
- Senior Briefs: April 17, 2013 Take a look at brief senior-citizen-related news of note around the North Country.
- Cumberland Head family dialing it in Father and two sons rip, shred and slice their way into bodybuilding.
- Senior Briefs: April 10, 2013 Take a look at brief senior-citizen-related news of note around the North Country.
- Penny Bingo lost to state fee Senior citizens dissolve Plattsburgh club after learning about charge.
Seniors share memories of spring cleaning
The days of fluffing the feather-tick mattress have passed, but Plattsburgh residents Nancy Collin, Mary Lue Gould, Betty Gregory and Joan Clarke haven't forgotten the tradition.
Simpler time remembered
Mary Lue Gould remembers when families sat down to eat meals together.
- Hope seen in state budget for home-health care North Country Home Services' employees look to 2014 for phaseout of Medicaid cuts.
Senior Briefs: March 27, 2013
Take a look at brief senior-citizen-related news of note around the North Country.
- More Seniors Headlines
- New voice for long-term care