Plattsburgh town lists vacation offerings
PLATTSBURGH — The Town of Plattsburgh Recreation Department will be offering the following programs free to any town resident during the school vacation:
• Cross Country Skiing & Snowshoeing sessions This will be held at the Cadyville Recreation Park on Goddeau Road, Dec. 26 – 28 from 2-3 p.m. each day with weather permitting. Pre-registration is required and can be done by calling the Recreation Department at 562-6860 between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Equipment will be provided at no cost to those needing it. The caller will need to supply the skier’s/snowshoe’s height, shoe size and the date of which he or she wishes to ski/snowshoe. Sessions will be filled on a first to call, first to choose the day basis.
• Ice Skating Free ice time is available to all town residents, young and older, at the SUNY Plattsburgh Field house on Dec. 26-27, from 12 noon-1 p.,m. each day. Skate rentals will be available and free of charge. No registration is necessary.
• Archery Instructional archery classes will be held for children ages 8-13 years. The classes will be held at Gander Mountain from 6-7 p.m. on Dec. 26-27. Equipment will be provided and it’s free! Space is limited and pre-registration is required by calling the Recreation Department at 562-6860.
• Bowling All Areas of the town will bowl at North Bowl Lanes on Sundays at 8:30 a.m. beginning Jan. 6. This program will run for 8 weeks. Registration will be starting at 8 a.m. the first day of bowling. The program is for all school aged children who are residents of the Town. There is no cost to the participants. Children can bowl up to three games and receive the shoe rentals at no charge.
• Snowmobile Safety Course The Town of Plattsburgh Recreation Department will sponsor a New York State Certified Snowmobile Safety Course on Dec. 26 and Dec. 28, from 9 a.m.-1 p.m., at the Town of Plattsburgh Office complex located on at 151 Banker Road. New York State Law requires that any youth between the ages of 10 and 18 must first complete its Safety Training Course in order to operate a snowmobile on any property other than their parents’ or guardians’. The Town sponsored course is open to any Clinton County Youth between 10 and 18, who wishes to complete the course and receive a Safety Certificate. There is no fee for this course. Anyone wishing to take the course is asked to register with the Recreation Office prior to the first session. The Recreation Office can be reached for further information at 562-6860 any weekday between 7 a.m. and 4 p.m.
Anyone requiring further information is asked to call the Town Recreation Department at 562-6860 or logon to our website, www.townofplattsburghrecreation.com and see all of our current and upcoming programs.
Skating, stick-n-puck sessions set
PLATTSBURGH — The Can-Am Sports Centre will be open for public skating Sunday, from 2:30-3:30 p.m., and stick-n-pick, Sunday, from 3:45-5:15 p.m.
Siberian rod, gun club memberships available
DANNEMORA — The Siberian Rod & Gun Club is offering new memberships valid through June 2013 as Christmas gifts.
For more information, contact Skip Maggy, at 492-7130.