- In My Opinion
In My Opinion: A tempest over temperature
The pool at the Wellness Center at PARC just isn't fun anymore, columnist Ken Wibecan writes.
In My Opinion: Town can handle services, supervisor says
At the first Dissolution Study Committee meeting, I clearly stated that I am not for or against the dissolution of the Village of Keeseville, but I do want the people to know the correct facts, so this is in response to the mayor's letter, Chesterfield Town Supervisor Gerald Morrow writes.
In My Opinion: Fairness and the American elections
How many Americans believe Americans are all about fair play, Dr. J.W. Wiley asks in an In My Opinion column.
- In My Opinion: Mayor explains his feelings on dissolution I read your editorial on dissolution and am happy for the chance to express my views, Keeseville Mayor Dale Holderman writes in an In My Opinion. I am leaning against dissolution of the Village of Keeseville, true, but this is only my opinion, and I have only one vote in this process.
- In My Opinion: Battle of Plattsburgh was pivotal As the enemy fleet wore around Cumberland Head that bright September morning in the final year of the War of 1812, the American commander had a pointed message for the British invaders, Tom Shanahan of the New York Council for the Humanities writes.
In My Opinion: St. Mary's a tribute to Catholic caring
In all the media attention focused on the closing of St. Mary's Academy in Champlain, a big piece was missing, writes St. Mary's Director of Development Amy Gehrig. What people may not know is St. Mary's remained open because there were so many people who strongly believed in Catholic education and who truly loved that school.
In My Opinion: Let democracy decide dissolution
The Malone Efficiency/Dissolution Committee carried out its charge in an open and visible manner, Gregory Littell of the Malone Taxpayer Coalition writes in an In My Opinion column.
In My Opinion: New studies support Rail Trail
A wonderful opportunity has been staring us in the face for 40 years -- the opportunity to create a new recreational dimension in the Adirondack Park and provide important economic benefits to the region, writes Dick Beamish. This is the proposed Adirondack Rail Trail that would run 90 miles through the heart of the region from Lake Placid to Old Forge.
- In My Opinion: ANCA backs Douglas Garry Douglas a visionary and relentless supporter of the North Country's economic vitality.
- In My Opinion: Larger impact seen from loss of St. Mary's Decision to close St. Mary's School in Champlain will hurt the parish as well as our children, writes longtime Northern Tier journalist Calvin Castine.
- More In My Opinion Headlines
- In My Opinion: A tempest over temperature