- Editorial: Don't cut pay for Congress Congressman Bill Owens of Plattsburgh, representing the massive 21st District that embraces 11 counties, has done some good things since he was first elected in 2009.
- Editorial: Participate in school votes Important decisions are in the hands of school district voters across our region today.
- Editorial: Seizure violates independent press Distrust of government secrecy has been elevated to an exceptional level with the disclosure the Justice Department covertly examined two months of Associated Press phone records to determine who leaked details to the AP about a foiled terrorist plot.
- Editorial: Keep loan rate affordable This weekend, students from Clinton Community College and SUNY Plattsburgh will walk across stages to accept their diplomas, as graduates from Paul Smith's College and North Country Community College did last Saturday.
- Editorial: Prevent, report future spills Oil spills are bad for the environment -- everyone knows that, right?
- Editorial: Recovery is complete? It would be easy to look at the state of the economy and conclude that we haven't made much progress in our struggle to return to prosperity.
Editorial: Border fee counterproductive
Here's an idea that, fortunately, appears to be going nowhere: charging people to cross the U.S. border.
Editorial: Time to discuss gambling issue
The issue of expanding gambling enterprises in New York state has fairly quietly taken some turns lately, but numbers continue to indicate the idea promises to be lucrative if it ever gets off the ground.
- Editorial: Leave religion out of decisions It is surprising that any public officials would believe it is prudent to base a decision about a proposed law on religion.
- Editorial: Early voting has pitfalls Early voting is a great idea, if it is executed wisely.
- More Editorial Headlines