- Politics & Elections
North Country Congress members sworn in
Bill Owens and Chris Gibson join the 113th congressmen representing counties in northern New York target critical issues, such as job creation and dairy concerns.
Franklin County clerk retires
Monday, Wanda Murtagh wrapped up an illustrious 47-year career in public service that included securing $750,000 in grants and identifying new revenue streams to ease the burden on local taxpayers.
- Douglas seeks another term leading Essex Co. Supervisor William Ferebee (R-Keene) has announced his candidacy for vice chair of the Board of Supervisors.
Former Mooers town clerk still simmers
Shirley Gadway says she quit the post over violations of town laws, the Open Meetings Law and what she believes is an under-estimated cost for a new library building.
Essex County manager may stay after all
Daniel Palmer says he's leaving the decision to the Board of Supervisors.
Police Log: Dec. 15, 2012 — Case update
Additional charges have been logged for one man arrested for allegedly breaking into a pharmacy in AuSable Forks and stealing prescription drugs.
- New St. Armand town supervisor chosen Councilman Charles Whitson Jr. will take the helm as of Dec. 27.
Plattsburgh mayor blasts fire union over arbitrator's decision
Donald Kasprzak said the department is no longer affordable and called for major reconstruction by eliminating 24-hour shifts, minimum staffing and calling for more health-insurance payments.
Emancipation Weekend to feature abolitionist Kenneth J. Morris
Many events, including speakers, an art exhibit and screening of "Glory" take place on Friday and Saturday in Saranac Lake and Lake Placid.
- Former US Rep. Martin of NY dies in W. Va. at 68 David O'Brien Martin, congressman for a dozen years, is credited with helping to have the 10th Mountain Division located at Fort Drum.
- More Politics & Elections Headlines
- North Country Congress members sworn in