- Politics & Elections
- Candidates listed for Clinton County town races It's a light election year, with only five seats contested at the local level.
Essex County races set
Only five towns have offices on the Essex County general election ballot in November.
Franklin County candidates listed
For Franklin County residents, here is a list of candidates on the Nov. 6 election ballot.
Eight candidates bid for State Supreme Court
Four seats open on 4th Judical District bench covering North Country and Capital region.
City Republicans field candidates
Incumbent Councilor James Calnon will run for mayor representing the GOP ticket against fellow Councilor Mark Tiffer, a Democrat.
- City Dems start campaign Slate of city candidates holds news conference outside City Hall Saturday morning to discuss their platform of growth, development and inclusion among other ideas.
- City Dems back mayor, council candidates Party snubs incumbent Ward 1 Common Council member.
Burpoe won't seek another term
The Saranac Lake Democrat said nine years on the Franklin County Legislature is enough and threw his support behind Barbara Rice to replace him in District 7.
- Early voting plan debated Clinton County Legislator Harry McManus says the unfunded mandate would bring a high cost to the local level.
City mayor won't run again
In Donald Kasprzak's almost seven years in office, he has been credited with the financial salvation of the city and has had some major bouts with union leadership.
- More Politics & Elections Headlines