- Wilderness areas not just for recreation Growing up I used wild places for mental health maintenance, Elizabeth Lee writes.
- DEC to hold three Santanoni Winter open houses Events will provide rare opportunity to see the inside of camp buildings during winter months
- Catching up on winter news Recent snowfall has been good for the area economy with plenty of ski and snowmobile traffic around, Dan Ladd writes.
- DEC reminds anglers to await safe ice as season approaches Individuals are strongly encouraged to check ice conditions
Professor suggests cougar reintroduction to Adirondacks
Dr. John Laundre argues they don't need as much room as earlier thought.
- Summer not the only time to hit the golf course Understanding the winter behavior of animals increases my respect for their year-round life cycles and resource needs, Elizabeth Lee writes.
- Another North Country deer season in the books Limited food source in the North Country made for some challenging hunting conditions, Dan Ladd writes.
- Hiking group taking steps toward inner health The members of the group known as the Wednesday Women's Hiking Cooperative have lost count of the precise number of years and outings they've undertaken, but they remember the companionship and the scenery, Elizabeth Lee writes.
Getting ready for winter fun
I'll be looking at my winter outdoor recreational gear and getting it ready, Dan Ladd writes.
- Botanists plant ideas for future during field trip The Adirondack Botanical Society met to review activities of 2012, plan for field trips in 2013 and take an excursion into a local bog, Elizabeth Lee
- More Outdoors Headlines