- Experts propose river, Lake Champlain study Examination recommended to assess flood-plain management practices.
Gov. Andrew Cuomo proposes cutting price of hunting, fishing licenses
Governor suggests reducing the fishing license from $29 to $25 and the hunting license fee from $29 to $22.
Mute swans: talk about the good, bad and ugly
As pretty as they may be, the intentional introduction of mute swans to northern New York would likely not be good news, Elizabeth Lee writes.
- 2012 sets record for hunting safety in NY
- Outdoors Briefs: Feb. 17, 2013 Chazy Rod and Gun to sponsor Cabin Fever Fish Derby
- Lots of winter fun ahead These are busy times for outdoors activity, Dan Ladd writes.
- Stomping and sliding on the snow Kyler Klix shares some recent excursions on snowshoes and cross-country skis.
- Great Backyard Bird Count set to go global Anyone visiting the GBBC website will be able to see bird observations pouring in from around the world.
Skating another way to appreciate waterways
Lake skating is a magical and addictive sport but it comes with obvious hazards, Elizabeth Lee writes.
- Crosby tract preserves wetlands along lake The Crosby tract and Mud Creek area is well known for its waterfowl and other wetland-associated wildlife.
- More Outdoors Headlines