- Easter marks time to 'Awake Thou Wintery Earth' After long winters we all need gladness, Elizabeth Lee writes.
- New York begins trout, salmon fishing April 1 Cold but fishable water expected in most areas of state
Spring has sprung, but winter gets a last laugh
Even with the Vernal Equinox occurring earlier this week, winter has had a final say throughout the Adirondacks, writes columnist Dan Ladd.
- Despite wild March weather, Skifest provides fun day March's weather continues to vary in the extreme, but it hasn't put a stop to some great days outdoors, writes columnist Elizabeth Lee.
- Spotlight on Albany I was in Albany on Feb. 28 for the New York State Rifle and Pistol Association's annual sportsmen's lobby day, Dan Ladd writes.
- Adk Mountain Club offers wilderness first aid, responder classes courses with Wilderness Medical Associates provide practical, hands-on training both in a classroom setting and outdoors
Outdoors Briefs: March 10, 2013
Outdoors-related news of note from around the North Country.
- Course teaches students how to read the land Knowing the code of the forest is equally important as the ability to write computer code and may make our lives more fun, Elizabeth Lee writes.
- Changes proposed for state bobcat hunting, trapping regulations DEC will accept public comments on the proposed regulations through April 8.
Get on the ice while you can
Sure, there's still ice on many lakes and there will be for some time, but there are others with less, Dan Ladd writes.
- More Outdoors Headlines