Count on BioBlitz for help tally local species
BioBlitz 2013 began as a way to develop a sense of stewardship among SUNY Plattsburgh students, Elizabeth Lee writes.
- DEC offers options for landowners with overabundant geese Several options are available to alleviate damage and nuisance caused by resident Canada geese during the spring and summer months.
Snowmobile group sends SOS
Franklin County association hopes Sen. Betty Little will help correct mapping mistakes so trail-maintenance funding won't be affected.
- Catch some advice from longtime angler's tactics Pat Sisti was a reliable source and was always ready with a good quote, Dan Ladd writes.
- Kings' Bay DU chapter annual banquet slated An array of Ducks Unlimited collectibles, including many prints, Terry Redlin art and furnishings, will be featured.
- Cadyville man named guide director-at-large Peter A. Siskavich has hunted all his life.
- Easter marks time to 'Awake Thou Wintery Earth' After long winters we all need gladness, Elizabeth Lee writes.
- New York begins trout, salmon fishing April 1 Cold but fishable water expected in most areas of state
Spring has sprung, but winter gets a last laugh
Even with the Vernal Equinox occurring earlier this week, winter has had a final say throughout the Adirondacks, writes columnist Dan Ladd.
- Despite wild March weather, Skifest provides fun day March's weather continues to vary in the extreme, but it hasn't put a stop to some great days outdoors, writes columnist Elizabeth Lee.
- More Outdoors Headlines
- Count on BioBlitz for help tally local species