Outdoors Briefs: April 28, 2013
Take a look at brief outdoors-related news of note around the North Country.
Gobble up some advice from turkey experts
At the New York State Outdoor Writers Association's Spring Safari, three experienced turkey hunters shared their wisdom in a symposium atmosphere, Dan Ladd writes.
DEC announces '13 Earth Day activities
Events planned throughout state
Count on BioBlitz for help tally local species
BioBlitz 2013 began as a way to develop a sense of stewardship among SUNY Plattsburgh students, Elizabeth Lee writes.
- DEC offers options for landowners with overabundant geese Several options are available to alleviate damage and nuisance caused by resident Canada geese during the spring and summer months.
Snowmobile group sends SOS
Franklin County association hopes Sen. Betty Little will help correct mapping mistakes so trail-maintenance funding won't be affected.
- Catch some advice from longtime angler's tactics Pat Sisti was a reliable source and was always ready with a good quote, Dan Ladd writes.
- Kings' Bay DU chapter annual banquet slated An array of Ducks Unlimited collectibles, including many prints, Terry Redlin art and furnishings, will be featured.
- Cadyville man named guide director-at-large Peter A. Siskavich has hunted all his life.
- Easter marks time to 'Awake Thou Wintery Earth' After long winters we all need gladness, Elizabeth Lee writes.
- More Outdoors Headlines
- Outdoors Briefs: April 28, 2013