- Kayak trip almost becomes ice-out adventure Our plan was to float and fish the Jessup River, which flows into the southern end of the lake, spend the night and fish our way out, Dan Ladd writes.
- Adirondack Mountain Club sets Spring Outing Paddling trips will make their way across the Saranac Lakes while road cycling will include routes in Adirondack foothills.
Fly fishing weekend excellent chance for women
For women who seek adventure, there is a great opportunity coming up, Elizabeth Lee writes.
Outdoors Briefs: May 12, 2013
Take a look at brief outdoors-related news of note around the North Country.
Hikers warned off higher trails
People can damage fragile vegetation during mud season, DEC says.
Leave young wildlife alone
Humans often do more harm than good when they interfere with baby birds, fawns and other animals they come upon in springtime and summer.
- Big-game news, stats: most 2012 numbers up Deer, bear data come with some very informative reports, Dan Ladd writes.
- 'History Matters' begins with hunting camps The public is invited to attend a discussion on the history and culture of hunting camps in the area
- Popular warmwater sportfish seasons open Fishing for walleye, northern pike, pickerel and tiger muskellunge opened yesterday
- Hunter, retriever need to be each other's best friend Hunting dogs have remarkable, innate traits, Elizabeth Lee writes.
- More Outdoors Headlines