Lake Champlain Wines Third Annual Summer Wine Tour is wrapping up today. Five wineries and one cidery, all located in Clinton County, are sharing their wines during vineyard and winery tours and tastings.
The LCW Summer Wine Tour has brought hundreds of people in the past to the local wineries here and brought awareness to the Lake Champlain Valley Region as a growing wine industry location.
Tickets with a commemorative wine glass can be purchased at any of the wineries for $12 today and include tastings at each participating winery, a chance to win a basket of cheer and vineyard and winery tours at each winery. Designated drivers are encouraged and will be entered into a special drawing for two tickets to the Wine Cider and Food festival that will be held in October with a one-night stay at Days Inn.
Lake Champlain Wines Summer Wine Tour participating wineries are as follows:
- Amazing Grace Vineyard and Winery: 9839 Route 9, Chazy, 215-4044.
- Hid-In-Pines Vineyard: 456 Soper St., Morrisonville, 643-0006.
- The Champlain Wine Company: 8 City Hall Place, Plattsburgh. 564-0064.
- Stone House Vineyard: 73 Blair Road, Mooers, 493-5971.
- Vesco Ridge Vineyard: 165 Stratton Hill Rd., West Chazy, 846-8544.
- Everett Orchards and Cidery: 1945 Military Turnpike, Plattsburgh, 563-2438.